Friday, May 22, 2009

Real Life Weekend Project- The First Few Days

Header_Real_Life_Scrappy_Weekend

Hello everyone, Brianna here! Since we are talking babies this month I wanted to share an 8x8 mini album I made for my son, Tyler, about his first days with us. I think that this is be a project that you may be able to create in a weekend (or maybe this long Memorial weekend).

In order to make this album go more smoothly, make sure to have all your pictures printed and papers picked out before you start. I decided to go with the pictures we had from Tyler in the hospital. I had so many pictures since he was our first baby, the first grandchild on both sides, and we have a photographer in the family! I pared it down to just my favorites and ended up with 32 pictures. Then I stayed with a green/brown color scheme. I ended up using about 6 different patterned papers and 3 different colors of cardstock. Most of the papers I used came from My Mind’s Eye and We R Memory Keepers and I don’t think they are available anymore. I kept embellishments simple and printed out my journaling so it would be easier to read.

tylermichael-1

The first few pages I highlighted Mike and I becoming new parents.

dad1dad2

mom1mom2

newparents1newparents2

Then for the next couple pages I showed pictures of the Grandparents that were there when we had Tyler.

taylors1taylors2

grandma1grandma2

And the new Aunts.

michellemeagan

This next page is one of my favorites! I put in the picture of our doctor, and then added letter to Tyler with the story of his birth. It is one of those things that I want to remember, and I think the kids will enjoy reading one day.

drbradfieldbirthstory-1

Then I added another page of visitors he had in the hospital.

mattvisitors

And a couple pictures from just before we left to take him home and his hospital bracelet.

baby1baby2

going home

I really love this book and look at it all the time. I hope it will be something that Tyler will treasure in the future. I am planning on making one for my daughter, Kalen, soon!

I hope you have enjoyed this project. If you decide to make your own, please leave a comment below or email us – Brianna or Jamie – to show us your album. Or if there is another way you have showcased the photos from your child’s first days, we would love to see it.

Signature_Brianna_thumb2

1 comment:

Angie Lucas said...

This album is adorable! Nice work. :-)