Friday, March 6, 2009

Challenge #2 – Use Your Stash

Header_Real_Life_Challenges

Happy Friday!  March is here and that means it is time for our next monthly challenge here on Real Life Scraps.  This month we want you to do a little “spring cleaning” in your scrapbook supplies so you can make room for all those new Winter CHA releases that are hitting the stores now. 

Here’s a look at our projects this month where we used up our stash…

Brianna

Summer 

For this layout, Brianna used some patterned papers that she has had since her move from Michigan (that was also 2 years ago).  She also used a word transparency from 2006 that “was one of those products that I loved so much that I did not want to touch”.  Don’t we all do that?  Bullet_Smiley_1

And here are some fun cards that she created using using stickers that she would probably never use on a layout. 

IMG_3633

IMG_3635
It is so fun to see how many cards she made from just 1 sticker sheet.

Jamie

For my 2 layout below, I dug into my Christmas “stash” to use up some supplies and stamps that I have had forever. 

IMG_8822 
This particular layout is not about Christmas at all but it was nice to use those products in a non-traditional way.

IMG_8821 

This is a great example of using stuff that is not really my style now but I hate to waste them.  I found this picture of Caleb Davis during his 1st Christmas in my stash of photos that I take out of frames and do not know what to do with.  Oh, you do that too?    So I just grabbed a pack of Jolee’s Dimensional Stickers that I “had to have” years ago and paired it with some letter stickers that I have had for a while.  Like I said this is not exactly my style or taste now but paired with an “older” picture, I think it fits my layouts from that time period perfectly.

And just a few detail shots…

IMG_8823   IMG_8820 

Just a few details about the challenge:  Feel free to submit any type of layout (paper, digital, or hybrid) or any size.  It is all a personal preference and we want you to feel the most creative with what you are used too.  You have until the last day of the month (March 31st) to submit your work.  Just leave us a comment on this post with a link to your work.  If you do not have a blog or online photo gallery, feel free to take a picture and email it to us – Brianna or Jamie – by the deadline.  We will be posting all of your work over in our gallery each month.  Oh and yes, feel free to submit more than once this month.  If you get on a roll with using up your stash, then by all means keep those projects coming.  We will pick a winner on April 1st and of course there will be some fun scrappy prize involved!

We are looking forward to seeing what you have in your stash!
Signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

K here's mine!
This was the very first collection I bought when I started scrapbooking and I'm excited to finally(2 years later) to do something with it! lol
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=160730&user_id=16222

Anonymous said...

I'm on a roll this month. lol
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=161376&user_id=16222

Shannon Harman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Harman said...

Here it is...
http://shannonharman.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-first-post-was-challenge.html

Shannon Harman said...

Here's a card made with more of the rub-ons.

http://shannonharman.blogspot.com/2009/03/rub-on-crazy.html

Desiree said...

Here's mine...
I couldn't get a decent picture of it so the coloring is off...

http://dezproject365.blogspot.com/

Jan said...

Here is mine:

http://journalmakers.blogspot.com/2009/03/using-your-old-stash.html