Friday, January 16, 2009

Welcome

Elements_Flower_3

Welcome to “Real Life Scraps”.  We (Brianna and Jamie) are so excited about our new site and we are super excited that you have dropped by.  We (The Real Life Girls) are just like you – real women who love to scrapbook - and we are excited to share our passion and ideas for this hobby with you.  We created this site based on the recent news that Simple Scrapbooks magazine announced this past week.  The 2 of us were both so upset to see our favorite publication and team of editors/designers come to an end.  Although we are looking forward to watching the new changes and additions in Creating Keepsakes unfold, we both know deep down that this industry is just not going to be the same without those “Simple Gals”. 

So that is why we created this site…  Because we both believe in the ideas and message that originally started it all and we want to see those same ideas keep going.  We are definitely not trying to compete or take away from what Simple Scrapbooks is all about.  We are just 2 friends who are trying to keep the message alive.  We really want this to be a fun place where you can be inspired, meet new scrappy friends, and maybe win some neat stuff too.  So please be sure to check back next week for our 1st challenge.  Oh and tell your friends about us so they can come back to play along too.    Deal?

In the meantime, here is a little bit of information about us… 

Brianna

Brianna

Hi! I'm Brianna and I have been married to my wonderful husband, Mike, for 7 years now. I am very fortunate to be able to stay at home with our 2 children, Tyler (3) and Kalen (8 months).

I got into scrapbooking just after I got married, and I was introduced to it by my mother. I started the way I think a lot of us scrapbookers do, scrapbooking our wedding and our dogs. When we had children I got a little more serious about this hobby, or maybe I should say obsessed. Now I am committed to preserving these everyday moments for our family to look back on.

You can find me online at www.mikebritaylor.blogspot.com.

Family2-11x14
Brianna’s Family.

Jamie

Jamie Hi, My name is Jamie and I am married to Josh – the best guy in the world.  We have 3 sweet babies – Caleb Davis (3), Nathan James (2), and Emma Lee (11 months).  I am totally in love with our little family and we have been blessed beyond measure. 

I was introduced to scrapbooking a little over 10 years ago when I was in college.  I immediately fell in love with this hobby and now I simply cannot get enough of it.  My favorite part is capturing the everyday details of our lives.  When I am not busy with my full time job (wife/mom), I enjoy scrapping every minute that I can and designing scrap kits each month.  I am really looking forward to the fun things to come here on Real Life Scraps and I hope you will join us for our 1st challenge in the weeks ahead. 

Find me online:  Family Website – www.JoshJamie.com and Scrap Blog – www.JamieScraps.com

IMG_7500           elmore_0059
Jamie’s Family.

So that’s the scoop on us and now we want to “meet” you.  Please leave a comment below and say “hi”. 
Signature

5 comments:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

yay! happy to see you both...be adding you to our blog list!

amydc said...

You never cease to amaze me, Jamie.
I love you both.

Alissa said...

Awesome site guys! Can't wait to play along!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, from Patty in Northern Alabama. I feel like some one is my family is dying. Patty

Anonymous said...

Hello