Friday, April 24, 2009

Earth Day Inspiration

Happy Friday everyone! As you all know this week we had Earth Day.  This has inspired our Goin’ Green challenge for this month and it also inspired us to do some other earth friendly layouts.

Jamie

With all the recent talk about our earth and environment, it has inspired me to make a couple of layouts about our switch last year to cloth diapers. 

image

image-1

Brianna

I was inspired to use some earth friendly products and packaging that came with felt shapes. I would have normally just thrown this away when I opened the product, but I thought I may be able to copy the design.

IMG_5086

I traced and then cut out the design on my layout below.  I also “went green” by using patterned paper from Jillibean Soup, which is all made from 100% recycled stock.

Cookies

We originally had this idea to use some non-scrapbooking related supplies on our layouts. We wanted to show you all that you do not have to have “fancy scrapping supplies” in order to create layouts.  Then we saw this great post over on The Scrap Review that shows lots of inspiration from Ali Edwards using junk mail.  You all know that there is no way to compete with Ali’s genius-ness (is that even a word?) so we just decided to link you all over there to check out this post to take a look some of the other neat stuff that the Scrap Review staff created. 

In honor of Earth Week, we also wanted to share a few links of other scrapbooking companies that make an effort to keep our earth clean and friendly so here goes…

What are some ways that you are trying to stay “Green” with your scrapbooking?
Leave us a comment below and share some of your earth friendly products and ideas with us!

Oh and do not forget to enter the Goin’ Green challenge this month, you have until Thursday (April 30th) to get your submissions in!!

Signature

1 comment:

Karen and Kyle said...

I love those scallops! I saw the junk mail layouts too and they are so fun. I am staying "green" by using up my stash and sharing it with my young daughter for her crafts. Not buying more til I use most of what I have!